On December 21, 2021, the Oakland City Council passed an emergency ordinance to reduce the spread of COVID-19 that requires people to show proof of vaccination to enter many indoor facilities. Businesses are required to post a notice by January 15, 2022 and the ordinance goes into effect on February 1, 2022.
Where Proof of Vaccination is Required
You will be required to show proof that you have been vaccinated to enter some indoor places in Oakland, like:
- Establishments or events where food or drink is served including restaurants, bars, coffee houses, clubs, and banquet halls
- Entertainment venues including theaters, concert venues, museums, and recreation facilities
- Gyms, fitness centers and yoga studios
- Senior adult care facilities and City senior programs
- City Hall
- Large indoor events at city and privately-owned facilities
Western Chapter ISA COVID Policy
In an effort to protect the health and safety of our members and attendees the Western Chapter ISA approved a COVID Policy for the 88th Annual Conference to take effect immediately. This policy is in line with the guidelines and regulations of the City of Oakland.